Avantsterology

Where to find easily pics of your favourite posters

Re: Avantsterology

Postby dndy1840 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah, I agree with you both : wider and lighter trousers would do great. It would emphasize the top part and especially the coat, and cleaning this "black hole" which is visually very disturbing. The trousers here lack of contrast (they're too flat) when paired with such contrasted fabrics as the ones used by PH.

Well, do not pay great attention to these advices, as I am quite reluctant to comment only on pictures. Real life is something else.

(And who am I to give advices to the great Avantster anyway ? But since we've met - quite briefly-, I decided to take the leap.)

Oh, and as for the footwear, really, anything will do (or almost) : clean-cut DD might be too "light" though. I'd go for the grey Carpes as The Master suggested.
dndy1840

Postby Avantster » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanks for the thoughts, all. I decided to wear these Julius engineer boots as they have a similar greenish cement undertone to the linen shirt I was wearing. Furthermore I've been debating whether to sell them as I've found the shape difficult to work with wider pants. The Moth is right, my bulbous Carpes would have been a more suitable match. But I wear them all the time, too much, in fact. I'm searching for another pair suitable with wide pants and have been considering these.

Dndy, nice to see you here. You've just made me realise something; all of my pants are black! Well, I actually do have a grey pair on the way (more on that later). You're right about the texture though, perhaps I'll try it with a pair of thick boiled wool pants.
Avantster

Postby Avantster » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Wore the black boiled wool pants with my pocket blazer today, also a little bonus teaser:

His:

Hers:

Avantster

Postby Fade to Black » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm

The first few photos including a slimmer profile is the silhouette and style I associate with the earlier days when I first saw your posts, they are sleek without being too familiar and portions of your later development could be foreseen by the edges of fabric yearning to break out; the majority of your outfits included here beginning with the graffiti wall seems to be your style in its fullest bloom yet.

What's striking when looking at this album and then Alfonso's is how each of us interprets Yohji differently. Your version is the one that is most zen-like in the tones and drape, whereas my interpretation is one that comes off a starting point of restlessness, and Alfonso's Yohji is like fluid sculpture, displaying the greatest exercise of volume.
Fade to Black

Postby Jérémy » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 pm

"ça donne envie de toucher ta matière"
Jérémy

Postby Avantster » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:57 am

Jérémy wrote:"ça donne envie de toucher ta matière"

Thanks Jeremy, this black wool pocket blazer is probably my favorite in terms of fabrics, I'll take better pics for the Harnden archive, for sure. Thankfully I've also just started learning French, else I'd be a little confused with google translate's rendition of your quote (including quotation marks) "Makes you want to hit your area". ;)
Avantster

Postby Buckwheat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:29 am

Great linen coat A. Is that from his older collection? I found his older jacket/blazer more desirable. Not too fond with the later 4 button blazer. I think a "fuller" pants will work better with your outfit above as well.

Is that a LUC silk cardigan on her? very nice.
Buckwheat

Postby MPC » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:55 am

Would be very interested in seeing this pictures, if you're inclined to repost them Avantster.
MPC

Previous

Return to Personal galleries