Fade to Blackology

Postby Fade to Black » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:30 am

Highly edited for vanity purposes.

(In chronological sequencing)

Fade to Black

Re: Fade to Blackology

Postby Christian » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:48 pm

Thanks a lot FtB !
So happy to see the pink tricycle outfit again.
And I didn't even know this one, which is great.

Christian
Site Admin

Postby taupe » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:42 am

Fade you are one of my favourite posters, I remember the days of the old dior msn group and you posting some pics there; get them up... they are not too different from some of the ones now which is great.

You were never to drastic or too contrived with the way you dress, i get a real natural ease in the way you wear your stuff wether it be jeans or a suit.

The one above christian quoted is perfect yohji for me, the cut of the suit and the white detailing, the hat is in context. this works better than any n(9) on you, i feel the number is a bit too forced for you, maybe seems too young ? I dunno but its still nice to have those old pieces and to still keep wearing them. I love you wearing the diem boots with loose trousers.
But you and brian make yohji look so good.
keep posting and get some old pics up but you and I have probably got way to many photos to share.
taupe

Postby Fade to Black » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:59 am

thanks a lot for your comments, guys.

snaf those pics aren't available on my hard drive or any online photo albums any more, and a lot of them just weren't very good photos/i wasn't that comfortable in the clothes yet. maybe will post them in the future since i wear the same stuff still anyway, i just went to a friend's baptism and took some fun pics where i am wearing basically the kind of look you refer to.

heh i guess i bought some number 9 because i've always loved the ideological slant of Taka's vision, a part of me always romanticizes that youthful angst/nihilism even though it might not really look like who I am all the time. Of course I feel most comfortable in YY.
Fade to Black

Postby Fade to Black » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Fade to Black

Postby Mail-Moth » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:24 am

Thanks for sharing, FtB !

What's very interesting here is the difference between your choices in Yohji's offers and Alfonso's choices. You both have a quite exclusive relation to this designer ; though, it is obvious that you do not wear the same YY. Of course you're taller, and you live in a country where winter looks like some exotic abstraction. But this is not the point here.

You seem to prefer the tailored Yohji, with, quite often, something of a more street vibe into it. But you don't show much interest for the widest pieces - long flowing tops, for example.
Mail-Moth

Postby Christian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:54 am

Since I'm more and more interested in the pics themselves, not only the clothes show through them, I'd like to say that the three last pics are perfect imo : clothes/background/pose/light/colour.

Christian
Site Admin

Postby BSR » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:25 am

+1 with Mailmoth, there is a balance between formal and street styles in most of your outfits that is very distinctive of you: if you wear a suit, it has to be slouchy, relaxed and fluid, but if you wear a denim + tee outfit, a subtle "straightness" in your pose or attitude makes it more formal. This is a very interesting game you're the only one to play so well imo. Great to have you here, Fade!
BSR

Postby Avantster » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Good to have you here, FtB.

Mail-Moth wrote:What's very interesting here is the difference between your choices in Yohji's offers and Alfonso's choices.

Agreed with this, from these photographs your take on Yohji retains an underlying modern street 'edge' - one that's not immediately obvious nor easy to pin down; but always lurking beneath the surface.
Avantster

Postby Alfonso » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:16 pm

When I look at Matt's fits, I like that I can't locate them in any specific time period, and he is wearing the clothes not the other way around. + You are taking good pics lately as Ch stated. I need to put some work on mine.

I also love how different is our approach to YYclothing, I work on the armour idea, hence the use of extremes volumes.
Yours is extremely manly.
Alfonso

Next

Return to Personal galleries