Eternology

Where to find easily pics of your favourite posters

Re: Eternology

Postby Eternal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:38 pm

None taken, I was just unsure weather or not you meant it in a good way, as catalogue man can have negative connotations as well.

Yesterday:

Today:

Would like to wear boots in the last one, but my ankle is slowly healing and are better off with sneakers right now.
Eternal

Postby subzero » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 am

Eternal wrote:can have negative connotations as well. .

i see what u meant, dive deeper - it's universal, you created yours.. :)
subzero

Postby farkhanyassin » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:19 pm

I like the second fit. Woul rock it. Like the way you wear your scarf as well.
farkhanyassin

Postby Eternal » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Think I won't post much more in fits in a while, too many exams coming up. My hair is slowly growing, so don't mind how it looks right now.

Eternal

Postby Eternal » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Here I am again for better or worse.

LUC
RO Berger ( hammered calf)
RO cashmere tee (95% or so)
RO paneled cropped swing trousers
RO boots
Eternal

Postby SOSA » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:06 pm

I can't like this one :| there is not any originality, just copy and paste, and in my opinion, the ro aesthtic doesn't work on you. My english is too poor to give you a better and deeper explication of my mind, sorry :oops:

ça me démange depuis trop longtmeps et puis, si aucun de vous ne laisse son avis, c'est bien aprce qeu le mec est sappé par le fofo d'où il vient :mrgreen:
SOSA

Postby Eternal » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:33 am

Thanks, I can appreciate your honesty although I don't agree with it. There might not be much originality in terms of brand composition in this outfit, but it was not worn like that on the catwalk down to the details, although two of the pieces is from the same collection.

I buy RO and pair it with other stuff as well, but sometimes you might end up with everything RO. I feel that RO look is very coherent with the rest of my wardrobe, everything plays around the same theme although the silhouette is different as I like to play with it and have options if I want to. I also find it quite amusing that some people think that CCP head to toe with a LUC knit is very inspiring and original, but RO with some other things is not. I am not going to compare those two, as I would not like to, but I like to think people who are moving away from RO only because he is in the spotlight right now are just followers of trend, and will never have their own personality showing through the clothes being CCP or Ralph Lauren.

It might be where I live, but I think sometimes people think certain brands that are popular and both discussed and owned to a certain extent on online forums is the norm in daily life. If you feel comfortable wearing rick wherever you might go, I still think most people would find it inspirational or original. It's not my vision, but I can appreciate it and relate to it to a certain extent, in the same way I can with other designers.

I think it's an interesting topic, as I think I have a clear view of what works for me ( or at least what I think works for me) from certain brands, but also what I like. When it comes to Virdi Anne I'm not the hugest fan but find myself owning some great pieces which I love because the tailoring works nicely on my body and paired with most of my pants, being tight julius to baggy cropped RO or Damir/ Ann more straight/slim cut wool pants.

I would not just throw something I don't feel work in an outfit in to make it more "this have never been done before" I would prefer it to be pleasing to the eye before originality in the sake of being original.
Eternal

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

I'd say that the biggest problem that I see in almost all your outfits, more or less - but more in the previous one than less - is that you don't dress according to your shape, i.e. tall and very thin, if I'm not wrong.
Second problem is the camera angle, whick kills absolutely the previous outfit and just enhances the defects I'm underlining.
Third one, and the Moth already said a few words about it, is : where are you ? I can not say what is Eternal's style. You wear everything, you pair everything, but I don't see anything consistent, neither in terms of silhouette, nor in terms of style, nor in terms of inspiration. I don't mean it in a harsh way, it's just a question that I can't find the answer to, and I tink this is what SOSA wanted to say. I don't say neither that you're lacking yourself of inspiration, but nothing shows it in the pictures (pay attention as well to the same default that I, as all the tall guys who are obligend to bend to the ground to speak to the dwarfs surrounding them), have : falling shoulders).
In addition, I'd say that you're moving too fast and too often to different combinations with too many different brands at the same time and it confuses the image that one could have of your "style".
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:45 am

The outfits that work imo shape/proportions wise.
But I should maybe point the ones that do not work and try to explain why...

Christian
Site Admin

Postby Christian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:56 am

Eternal wrote:I am not going to compare those two, as I would not like to, but I like to think people who are moving away from RO only because he is in the spotlight right now are just followers of trend, and will never have their own personality showing through the clothes being CCP or Ralph Lauren.

You can't say this, sorry. People are moving away from RO, beacause what he does now is no more interesting. That's all. The average SZian knows enough about fashion to understand when a designer starts to lack of inspiration.
Christian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Personal galleries